The request is not supported

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:26 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Hi guys i am using windows application VS2005 , Windows XP2 and wireless laptop ... is any thing else required ....

I am getting this error in following function when i click connect button from my windows application  ....at line Wlan.WlanOpenHandle(Wlan.WLAN_CLIENT_VERSION_XP_SP2, IntPtr.Zero, out negotiatedVersion, out clientHandle));

I am trying to develope windows application for adhoc network ....
 and i am trying to utilize managewifi library ...

And this is the function .....
public WlanClient()
        {
          Wlan.ThrowIfError(
                Wlan.WlanOpenHandle(Wlan.WLAN_CLIENT_VERSION_XP_SP2, IntPtr.Zero, out negotiatedVersion, out clientHandle));

Thanks for any help ....
Mar 31, 2009 at 5:26 PM

If you are using XP SP2, then you need to install patch from microsoft

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:26 AM
To: Rajashekar Gunari
Subject: The request is not supported [managedwifi:51834]

Hi guys i am using windows application VS2005 and wireless laptop is any thing else required ....

I am getting this error in following function ....at Wlan.WlanOpenHandle(Wlan.WLAN_CLIENT_VERSION_XP_SP2, IntPtr.Zero, out negotiatedVersion, out clientHandle)); this line

public WlanClient()
{
Wlan.ThrowIfError(
Wlan.WlanOpenHandle(Wlan.WLAN_CLIENT_VERSION_XP_SP2, IntPtr.Zero, out negotiatedVersion, out clientHandle));

Thanks for any help ....

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (managedwifi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email managedwifi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:36 AM
Edited Apr 1, 2009 at 5:24 AM
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter this is my laptop wirless config and i am not using key i.e default key setting.
And and in settings  Networks to access is Any available netwrok option is set...
is this right or i have set computer to computer option

What patch , you mean API patch , i installed this WGAPluginInstall.exe downloaded from Microsoft
is this right... or some other patch is their ....
thanks for your quick reply...