Get available WiFi network list doesn't show new networks unless I open the Windows network list

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:54 PM
I have a timer that checks for all available WiFi networks every so often. I need to detect when new ones show up. I start my app, then turn on a new network and don't see it show up in the list. As soon as I open the Windows WiFi network list, it appears in my app.

Initially I figured I was doing something wrong with the code, so I looked for another example and found this https://github.com/8/WifiEnumerator which suffers from the exact same problem.

I am working with Windows 7. I can reproduce the problem with several different networks. Is there some Windows setting that is causing this? Is there a way around this?
Feb 7 at 1:13 AM
Hi,

I go exactly the same problem. Not sure what's causing the problem. A Windows setting or a coding problem?

I am using Windows 10. Did you end to find something about it?

Thanks!
Feb 7 at 3:28 AM
So I don't know what's your objective..but I kind found an easy solution.

If you have default/automatically defined Wireless Connection Network, just go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, select the Wi-Fi adapter, Status, Wireless Properties:
Thick the box: "Look for other wireless network while connected to this network". Did some small test seems to be working fine.

But will depend on what you trying to achieve.

Cheers!